Finally! Miracles of Recovery is Available for Purchase!
After four and a half years, the book, “Miracles of Recovery” is here.
Purchase a copy of my new book (paperback), and feel free to select a personalized, autographed edition!
If it’s a Kindle option you’re looking for, it’s available at Amazon now!
These are 12 reasons you may want to purchase this book:
- Learn how to short-circuit pity, anger, and other emotions by employing a positive self-image and tactics learned in the book.
- Discover how to be awakened to your own strength, hope and courage one day at a time.
- Become aware of how addiction speaks to us through triggers that sets off the phenomena of craving.
- Develop the ability to recognize stinking-thinking and find encouraging ways to redirect our thoughts.
- Learn how a disease of perception affects each of us personally and apply, through examples, how changing our thoughts determine our actions.
- Introduces through awareness, the resultant power within that takes hold of us when we become honest, open, and willing in all of our affairs.
- Encourage the reader to move out of their comfort zone and old ways of doing things.
- Seek through awareness to open hearts for a natural enlightenment that comes with positive thinking and positive actions.
- Shows how, through increased conscious contact with a Higher Power, we bring ourselves into a balanced alignment with serenity.
- Ask that we trust, without sight and beyond our comprehension, our own personal unfolding as we change through the fellowship and the work of the 12-Steps
- Discover truths about the effect of alcohol and drugs in ways not previously considered.
- Become convinced beyond a doubt, that we are better than imagined we could be!
“Miracles of Recovery” is a must read for every person early or seasoned in recovery. The heart-wrenching and heart-warming stories will stay with you throughout the day as you meditate on the lessons learned from others’ journeys, Melanie Barton Bragg, LCSW Ed.D; author of Quicksand: Marion’s Memories, a story of emergence from a dysfunctional marriage to a sexually addicted minister.”
“After reading Miracles of Recovery I found it to be one of the best summations of all the wonderful and spiritual sharing that I have heard around the rooms of recovery over my eleven years of sobriety. This is a joyous book and should become a part of the AA approved literature as well for daily reading for those in and not in the rooms or recovery. A fine spiritual book that can benefit and inspire anyone. Especially those that may be currently struggling with the myriad of causes and conditions of life on life’s terms.” Will Evans; President EIII Environmental Consulting Inc,. Author of The Hydrologic Balance of Lakes: Physical and Mathematical Fundamentals.
“A compilation of alluring musings that can only be inspired by grace. If you are among the many who begin their days with a quiet time of prayer and meditation, I suggest that you invite these inspired messages into your repertoire. For me, this book serves as the conveyor of many spiritual blessings and has prompted me to gently and humbly self-critique in order to flourish and thrive in my life of recovery.” Jane Dwyer Lee, MSW, LCSW
“Harriet’s daily meditations are filled with truth and compassion that comes from personal experience. This work reads like the author is right there with you, providing insight and encouragement and, above all else, hope.” Cassie Dandridge Selleck; Author of The Pecan Man and What Matters in Mayhew; www.CassieDandridgeSelleck.com
“This is a program that works if you work for it. Harriet tells you how in a personal day-to-day journal I have found very useful. As she says, take what you need and leave the rest. I encourage you to explore what she says and see how it can apply to your life. It does get better”. James McMichael, Ph.d.; Author of 1997 Best Book for Business “The Spiritual Style of Management: Who Is Running This Show Anyway. Co-author of “Spirituality In the Workplace.”
* * * * *
Through 366 daily inspirational readings, Miracles of Recovery charts a transformational journey meant to be taken one small step at a time. In this personal and honest book, Harriet shares lessons learned from her own experience of pain and degradation caused by the disease of addiction. She uses the language of the heart to encourage the reader to trust and look for their miracles that manifest when we live our lives clean and sober.
Miracles of Recovery delivers a powerful mix of hope and practical suggestions for those who want help, regardless of addiction, faith, or belief. Harriet demonstrates by example, how the 12-Steps, hope, and willingness work toward the goal of sobriety, to effect permanent and profound change.
Miracles of Recovery exposes undeniable truths and miracles that happen when people CAN and DO change their lives. It will touch the hearts and minds of newcomers, as well as those with years of recovery. The book will help family and friends of those addicted understand the pain and process of this debilitating and deadly disease.
Anyone affected by addiction, directly or indirectly, deserves this book as a daily guide and reminder of the miracles, the passion, and joy that will be theirs as they trust the process that is recovery.